Thursday, August 20, 2009

Off to School




Dakota's off to 4th grade. I can't believe he is that old : (


It seems like just yesterday I was getting him ready for his 1st day of kindergarten. He was so little and has grown so much since then. Back then as I joined all the other parents with all there video cameras watching there kids sit on the rug. I remember think when did this happen that my baby grew up? and now he's in school? I teared up and walked away I didn't want to be caught by him crying. So I went home and counted the minutes till I could go and pick him up. When I got there he was so excited to see me he climbed in the car and talked about how great it was and he loved his teacher. Then he turned to me and said "Mom your not going to cry tomorrow are you?" I just smiled and said "No buddy, I'm just proud of you I can't believe your in school" on the inside I was thinking "oh crap he saw me!!"


I look forward to what this year will bring and the new things that we will learn together. Dakota will have his little sister in school with him this year. And I know one of his favorite things is being a big brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment